Andrew was educated at the University of Alberta in the Computer Engineering: Software Specialization program. During his education, he worked with world class companies such as Nokia and PCL Construction, and graduated in 2019. After graduation, he worked with leading AI and machine learning experts at Carbeeza, before finally striking out into the world of freelance work. For more detail on his work, check out his awesome portfolio, or the services he provides.
In his spare time, Andrew keeps busy by building video games as a fun and creative way to keep his coding skills sharp. He enjoys tabletop games of all kinds, and loves to volunteer his time with local community organizations, as well as events such as Extra Life.
Offerd - Full-stack Developer (Contract)
Dec 2022 - Present
- Applied Mendix to update, support, and expand client's web application
- Performed systems administration for client's CRM software, and created automations that allowed for seamless integration with the client's web app
- Leveraged Python and psycopg2 to automate updates to the application's PostgreSQL server
Aug 2022 - Oct 2022
- Updated and modernized client's ASP.NET web application, fixing bugs and enhancing features
Anonymous Client - Data Solution Developer (Contract)
Jan - Mar 2022
- Ingested, processed, and outputted data from numerous databases and APIs using Pandas and Numpy
- Utilized Google Cloud infrastructure, including Cloud Run, Secret Manager, Cloud Scheduler, Cloud SQL, and Google Big Query
Sept 2019 - July 2021
- Created inventory management system using Django and PostgreSQL
- Full stack engineer supporting Carbeeza using Spring and Thymeleaf
- Provided on-call enterprise IT support to various retail and technical clients across Canada
- Performed physical server setup at client sites
May - Dec 2018
- Developed PCL Craftlink on iOS and Android platforms using Xamarin
Nokia - Hardware Support
Jan - Sept 2017
- Debugged, updated, and tested a C# data analysis application for the hardware team to analyze failure rates of hardware components
- Created Excel add-ons using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) scripts to automate data visualization of exported SQL databases
May - Sept 2016
- Performed intensive debugging processes and procedures to ensure quality in the MegaSys Telenium Client Suite
- Utilized C#, SQL, XAML, and WPF to develop a database management application for the development team's use
An elegant and straightforward site to display the media work performed by Three Axis Productions. Staff members are easily able to modify, add, or remove text and video content in every area of the site, allowing them to present their company's work in the best possible light. Built using Django.
Released: April 2022
A simple and streamlined landing page, allowing individuals seeking a career transition to fill out a questionnaire assessing their skillset and educational needs. The content of the home page and questionnaire are modifiable by administrators. Built using Django.
Specialist Communication Platform
Released: November 2021
A secure communiucation platform for specialists communicating with other specialists. Built using Django. Details have been omitted by the request of the client.
Released: August 2020
An Android/iOS application built to provide information and answer questions for individuals and families who have loved ones in the ICU. Covers hospitals across the Edmonton area. Built using Xamarin.
Django REST Framework